Jurnal Teknologi Kesehatan Borneo is a scientific publication that contains the results of research in the field of health for peatland areas that have never been published. This statement of the scientific code of ethics is a statement of the code of ethics of all parties involved in the publication process of this scientific journal, namely managers, editors, reviewers, and authors/writers. The statement of the code of ethics for scientific publications is based on the Regulation of the Head of LIPI Number 5 of 2014 concerning the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications, which essentially upholds three ethical values in publication, namely:
- Neutrality, which is free from conflicts of interest in the management of publications;
- Justice, namely giving authorship rights to those who are entitled as authors/writers; and
- Honest, which free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism in publications.
Chief Editor’s Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine the name of the journal, scientific scope, periodicity, and accreditation if needed.
- Define editor membership.
- Describes the relationship between publishers, editors, review partners, and other parties.
- Appreciate confidential things, both for contributing researchers, authors/writers, editors, and review partners.
- Implement norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyright.
- Review journal policies and submit them to authors, editors, review partners, and readers.
- Create behavioral code guides for editors and review partners.
- Publish journals regularly.
- Ensure the availability of funding sources for the sustainability of journal publications.
- Build a network of cooperation and marketing.
- Improve the quality of the journal.
- Prepare permits and other legal aspects.
Editor's Duties and Responsibilities:
- The editor provides comments on the author's writing so that readers can understand what the author wants to convey, through comments written on the manuscript and or discussion facilities on the journal website.
- The editor provides comments on the author's writing in the EYD (Enhanced Spelling) language or language that is under the standardization of the journal.
- The editor strive to improve the quality of publications on an ongoing basis;
- The editor objectively prioritizes freedom of opinion,
- The editor submits corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies if needed,
- The editor ensures that the author's writing does not involve SARA or anything that can harm the publisher and coordinates the author's writing to the editor-in-chief of the publisher if the article is slightly controversial.
- The editor receives, reviews, and follows up on complaints from all parties involved in publishing the journal;
- The editor support initiatives to educate researchers on publication ethics,
- The editor do not defend their own opinions, authors, or third parties which may result in non-objective decisions,
- The editor encourages authors/writers to make improvements to their written work so that it is worthy of publication.
- The editor lays out the manuscript to be published so that it matches the journal template.
- The editor helps the chief editor/chief editor in finalizing a collection of manuscripts before they are printed and published, especially in terms of language, format, and layout.
Reviewer's Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide objective and unbiased written feedback regarding the scientific value and contribution of the manuscript to the development of science;
- Shows whether the writing of the manuscript is clear, complete, and relevant and whether the manuscript is by the scope of the journal;
- Do not give criticism or comments that are personal; and
- Maintain the confidentiality of the manuscript, by not discussing it with unrelated parties, or disclosing the information contained in the manuscript to other parties.
Website Administrator's Duties and Responsibilities
The website Administrator is the person responsible for managing the journal website. Specifically, the Website Administrator's job scope is as follows:
- Setting up a journal website;
- Configure system options and manage user accounts;
- Register for editors, reviewers, and writers;
- Manage journal features;
- View report statistics; and
- Uploading/publishing accepted papers.